OpenOTP is more than your every day Multi-Factor Server. It is a multi-factor middleware, a Swiss army knife of authentication, featuring an extensive array of 2FA methods and a vast range of APIs, that integrates with any enterprise application or service whether in the cloud or on-premise.
Power of Platform
Unlike other solutions, OpenOTP is not a standalone Multi-Factor Authentication server, but rather a modular Identity and Access Management platform, featuring centralized security audit and pluggable IAM modules which can be individually tuned to address even the most complicated of enterprise security requirements.
OpenOTP provides a seamless LDAP/AD integration, unparalleled to the normal “read and replicate” approach of competition. With OpenOTP, you can configure and control 2FA directly from within existing directory accounts. All data and settings remain logically in one place, within the control and perimeter of an existing directory, making 2FA easier to manage, but also ensuring the sensitive
data is being stored in the most secure and reliable way.
How it works
The heart of the OpenOTP suite is the RCDevs WebADM application platform, on top of which individual services such as RCDevs Identity Provider (IdP), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and other services run. To make WebADM features available for your existing directory accounts, simply link the system with single or multiple ADs, and then add the desired IAM modules. Thanks to the unique LDAP/AD support in WebADM, rolling out your new 2FA methods is then easy: just browse to your LDAP/AD account, group or client policies (VPN, local network…), set the preferred methods of login, issue automated enrollment URLs and test the accounts yourself.
Features and benefits
Multi-tenancy: Ideal for Managed Service Providers needing to service multiple customer domains with a single WebADM cluster.
High-Availability: True active-active clustering for high-availability.
Powerful Policies: Fine-grained access control policies per application, network, groups, domains…
Delegated Administration: Ability to delegate user and service control to any third party administrator.
Identity Management: Full Web and API based LDAP identity management capabilities.
Modular architecture: Highly scalable framework that permits to easily extend the system’s capabilities
and add new features.
Redundancy: Unparalleled redundancy with the ability to consolidate all services and authentication data to an existing directory implementation, instead of needing to host and manage separate databases.
HSM: Supports use of HSM to encrypt confidential data such as token keys
Supported authentication methods
Supported login scenario
- OTP with or without Challenge: OTP concatenated with a regular password, provided as separate passcode or separately prompted (i.e. via ChallengeResponse).
- OTP with or without Domain Password: Domain password can be the first factor, or WebADM can be configured to validate only the OTP. Also, the ability to set PCI-DSS mode for OTP, in which primary factor failures are not reported back to the logging in the user.
- OTP with or without PIN: Ability to set an additional PIN factor.
- Multi-OTP support: System can allow any user-provided OTP, whether from a soft token, hard token, Yubikey or SMS.
- OTP and FIDO U2F: OTP login combined with the use of FIDO U2F.
- Fallback login: System can automatically fallback from one method to another. For example, if the user cell phone cannot be reached, an offline OTP method can be initiated.
Supported third applications and services
- Any RADIUS compliant service: Support for MFA login to Citrix, Cisco, Pulse Secure, Checkpoint, Sophos, any RADIUS-enabled VPN / SSL-VPN.
- Any LDAP compliant service: With RCDevs LDAP Proxy 2FA can be added on any standard LDAP based authentication.
- ADFS enabled services: Support for MFA login to Office365, Outlook Web Application, Sharepoint.
GoToMeeting, AWS, Salesforce, Google Apps,…: Out of the box federation support for several industry standard cloud services.
- OpenID Connect and SAML enable services: Support for any federated web application.
Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Joomla, OwnCloud Support plugins available for several industry standard web frameworks.
- Wifi Networks: Support for MFA login to Cisco Wifi Access Points.
- Windows Servers: Support for MFA login to Windows Servers (RDS, RD Gateway).
- Unix and Linux servers: Support for MFA login to Unix and Linux machines.
- Web APIs: Open and easy to use SOAP and REST APIs for custom web applications.
- SDKs: Development libraries for C, C++, PHP, Java, .NET, ASPX
Supported User Directory models
- Standalone internal LDAP: Default Novell eDirectory or OpenLDAP shipping within WebADM. Ideal when needing to create a new segregated directory, i.e. for external accounts.
- Direct external LDAP: WebADM connected directly with an existing external LDAP (ActiveDirectory, Oracle Directory, 389, OpenLDAP, …). Unparalleled redundancy and control with all authentication and account data in one place, within existing directory objects. Neither replication nor synchronisation of user accounts needed. Optional SQL datastore supported.
- Standalone + Direct: WebADM both with internal accounts and accounts in an existing external LDAP (both read-only and read-write access options available to external LDAP).
- Multi-LDAP: WebADM connected with multiple external existing LDAPs, in optional read-only mode (with ability to configure which attributes and objects are read and used in authentication policy decisions). Ideal for Service Providers needing to offer 2FA services to customers managing their own domain.
- Multi-LDAP (delegated, high security): WebADM connected with multiple external existing LDAPs, but in a mode where all authentication and policy data is logically and securely stored directly on the remote directory objects, providing clients with full access and control over their own authentication data, ideal for Service Providers needing to offer 2FA services to customers with highest available compliance and security mandates.
- Secure Password Reset: Web portal and one-time URLs for end users to reset their lost or expired LDAP/AD password.
- Account self-administration: Customizable web portal for end users to edit their personal LDAP/AD account information.
- Secure token enrollment: Customizable web portal for end users to enroll tokens and manage their preferred methods of login.
- Private Cloud: Virtual infrastructure on Amazon AWS with direct VPN access. RCDevs provides a dedicated and fully managed private cloud service.
- Virtual Appliance and Software: Virtual Appliance (OVF) for ESXi and MS Hyper-V or installer packages for any Linux distribution, the solution is deployed on your own servers (dedicated
or virtualized) and operates without any external service dependency.
Scaling and Performances
Throughput: 200 OATH transactions per second on a standalone server. 300 OATH transactions per second on an HA cluster.
User Volumes: Single cluster can support environments of over 100.000 users.
- Freeware license: Free license permitting up to 40 users at no cost. All features included, except High-Availability and encryption of configuration data. Only community support is available.
- Enterprise license: Commercial license starting at 50 users. All features, including High-Availability and encryption of configuration data. Perpetual and Subscription license available with RCDevs Enterprise Support and Maintenance.
RCDevs is an award-winning security company specialized in next-generation multi-factor authentication and PKI. RCDevs is building its growing reputation over high-quality software and complete customer satisfaction. RCDevs provides cutting-edge solutions worldwide to customers ranging from SMEs to large scale enterprises in the IT, financial, healthcare and government sectors.