The Proton 1100 has been evaluated by the National Security Agency (NSA) to permanently erase data, including up to Top Secret classification, from hard disk drives (HDD) and other flat magnetic media. It provides economical destruction of sensitive data in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) requirements and other recognized security standards.
Features and Benefits:
- On NSA/CSS Evaluated Products List
- Comes with shielded case to assure wand protection and safe storage
- No power required; fixed high-energy magnetic field
- Degausses longitudinal and perpendicular media up to 5,000 Oe
- Provides compliance with recognized security standards and regulations, including NIST, HIPAA, FACTA, PCI DSS, GLBA, PIPEDA, IRS, GDPR, etc.
- Multi-polar design ensures minimum Gauss levels and full hysteresis of all magnetic states
- Made in the USA
- Maintenance free; 1-year parts and labor warranty included
•Case Material: Tempered Steel
•Dimensions: 4”L x 1”H x 2” W (10.2 x 2.5 x 5.1cm)
•Weight: 14 oz (0.4 kg)
•Media: Hard disk drives (must remove platters), floppy disks, disk packs, bubble memory chips, drum type memory, and other flat surfaces magnetic media.
•Flux Density: 12,000 Gauss
•Field Intensity: 5,000 Oersted (Oe) (LMR and PMR)
•Dimensions: 7.5”D x 0.2”H x 1.5”W (19cm x .05cm x 3.8cm)
•Weight: 4 oz (0.11 kg)